Ambler Architects

Washington County Courthouse

The Washington County Courthouse started life as a federal post office facility in the early part of the 1900's.  Renovated into a courthouse in the 1970's, the building has received little attention since that time.

 

In 1992, Ambler Architects was retained to renovate the existing jail in the basement of this facility. The existing facility did not meet current space requirements for holding prisoners.  Through careful negotiations with the State, we were able to almost double the inmate capacity within the limited budget, as well as provide a much more safe and secure environment for the sheriff's personnel.

 

Recently, after a failed bond issue election, the County purchased an adjacent building and once again retained Ambler Architects to renovate the existing facility and relocate some of the functions to the adjacent building.

 

Through careful budgeting and negotiations with the Fire Marshal, we were able to respond to all of the County's needs, while providing a new fire escape and making the entire facility code compliant and cost effective for County government use in years to come.

 

Location:  Bartlesville, Oklahoma

« Back